SaltyTexan.com

Notices

Go Back   SaltyTexan.com > Public Forums > Free-For-All

Free-For-All Discuss anything and everything here

Bookmarks

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Old-Timer

DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle
Default SCB Recon

Ok genius crew. (used lightly)

Opinions on the SCB line of boats most specifically the Recon.

Anyone ride on one?

Old 10-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Up-And-Comer

osoobsessed may have a few redeeming qualities osoobsessed may have a few redeeming qualities osoobsessed may have a few redeeming qualities osoobsessed may have a few redeeming qualities osoobsessed may have a few redeeming qualities osoobsessed may have a few redeeming qualities osoobsessed may have a few redeeming qualities osoobsessed may have a few redeeming qualities osoobsessed may have a few redeeming qualities osoobsessed may have a few redeeming qualities osoobsessed may have a few redeeming qualities

i thought the Desperado SCB was the go to boat for all ST members??
Old 10-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Know-It-All

Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle

No, you ready to sell your boat?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Know-It-All

jon is part of the inner circle jon is part of the inner circle jon is part of the inner circle jon is part of the inner circle jon is part of the inner circle jon is part of the inner circle jon is part of the inner circle jon is part of the inner circle jon is part of the inner circle jon is part of the inner circle jon is part of the inner circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Ok genius crew. (used lightly)

Opinions on the SCB line of boats most specifically the Recon.

Anyone ride on one?

man, if you had a brain left you'd run trade your new boat in for the SCB
Old 10-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Know-It-All

Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon View Post
man, if you had a brain left you'd run trade your new boat in for the SCB

x2
Old 10-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Old-Timer

DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle DSL_PWR is part of the inner circle

Just pondering for the next one.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Know-It-All

InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle

It excels in speed, handling big water, and running skinny and getting up from sitting on bottom. It runs shallow, proven with video, and can get up while sitting on the bottom, proven with video.. to me it does a great overall job and is a leader in working the gulf coast.

BUT, the bottom line to me if you are looking for a really shallow water boat is the floating draft.. this boat is said to be 9 - 11 inches.. I'd be more inclined to think it is 10 - 12" most all of the time. That is alot if you fish areas that change from 1-3' to 6-9" while making long drifts or you want to idle up to a skinny spot inside a shoreline and not go blasting in on plane like a small slough or pocket. You'll be walking in or pushing or blasting off those shallow spots instead of idling. You can't idle while sitting on bottom, only blast your way back on top. You can run skinny as heck, get up shallow sub 12", but not stop and drift or idle over "shallow" (sub 10") areas.

Summary, the quality is second to nobody IMO. This boat can get you across the bay on practically any day comfortably, beat your buddies to the fishing spots, get you into the back areas and over just about any shallow spot running, but if staying in the boat to fish shallow areas you'll need 10" plus to maneuver and work the area.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Know-It-All

Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle Gilbert is part of the inner circle

why would you be pondering on the next one when your shitwater is a month old and hasn't had any fish in it yet?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Old-Timer

That is what I was looking for IJ.

I am always thinking ahead Gilly.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Know-It-All

InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle InfamousJ is part of the inner circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
why would you be pondering on the next one when your shitwater is a month old and hasn't had any fish in it yet?
because he can... good credit and steady flow of cash opens up endless possibilities
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Know-It-All

Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle Made in China is part of the inner circle

It is a lot cheaper to fish from the bank
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Know-It-All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in China View Post
It is a lot cheaper to fish from the bank

hell yeah
Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Know-It-All

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousJ View Post
because he can... good credit and steady flow of cash opens up endless possibilities

what does good credit and steady flow of insurance scam money have to do with purchasing a shitty boat and already looking to replace it?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Know-It-All

it's the American Way.. not Mexico Way

but yeah, we tried to warn him didn't we?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Know-It-All

insurance scams? yes, i agree
Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Old-Timer

I never said I was looking to replace mine right now Gilbert. When I decide to move up to a bigger boat. I am considering a 23 Shoalwater as well but wanted to look at the SCB Recon and I will also check out the Haynie as well.

I am thinking down the road.

There is nothing wrong with my boat. Never said that there was.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Know-It-All

if only they let you try a boat out like a woman for a month or so and decide if you want to keep it, for a smaller fee than purchase price of course...
Old 10-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Know-It-All

Quote:
I never said I was looking to replace mine right now Gilbert. When I decide to move up to a bigger boat. I am considering a 23 Shoalwater as well but wanted to look at the SCB Recon and I will also check out the Haynie as well.
oh goodness... I just threw up in my mouth a little bit..
Old 10-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Know-It-All

Quote:
Are you going to take a boating class to learn how to operate a 23 foot ship?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Old-Timer

Sorry, I did leave desperado out of there? Knew I forgot something.
Closed Thread